Frequently Asked Questions
Rental Qualification Guidelines:
Occupant Rental History
- Applicant must reside in unit for which they apply.
- All occupants of legal age (18) must fill out an application and are considered to be applicants.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony involving sexual misconduct, and/or illegal manufacture, sale, and/or distribution of a controlled substance.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony crime involving a physical crime against a person or persons and/or another person’s property.
- Applicant must provide a picture identification such as a valid driver’s license, passport and/or state-issued photo identification.
- Positive rental history required. Any adverse rental history may result in denial of application.
- Residence history must be verifiable by:
- Current and previous landlord(s).
- Mortgage history reflected on credit report.
- A verifiable employment history.
- Retired individuals must verify their retired status.
Acceptable proof of retired status includes:
Two (2) consecutive years of income tax returns.
Retirement letter from most recent employer.
Copies of social security checks.
Copies of employer retirement checks.
- Full-time college student with guarantor.
Total combined monthly gross income of household must equal three (3) times the monthly rental rate.
Income must be verifiable by:
- Current employer
- Copies of the past six months of paycheck stub
- Federal income tax records for three prior years
- Must provide your most recent credit report.
- Credit score must be 600 or higher.
- Adverse credit history in past seven years may result in denial of applicant.
- First-time renters may require guarantor.
If any of the following apply, the application will be denied.
- No verifiable income
- Unpaid rental related debts
- Negative past or present landlord reference
- Falsification of application
- Pending bankruptcy
Co-signers are not allowed for unacceptable credit.
It is the expressed policy of H&H Management & Development Co., LLC, the property management company of Northbrook Apartments, that we do not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.